- August 29th - God made it clear that He had a "child for us but not by us"
- September 1st - Big talk about this possibility with Wes followed with lots of questions and prayer
- November 17th - God reveals that our child will be a girl and that her name will be Grace!
- December - Long talk on car ride to Tennessee for Christmas...we are both on the same page and know that it is a matter of "when" and not a matter of "if" we adopt!!
- January - We begin to pray for a "green light" from the Lord on when to take the first step
- April 19th - God gives us a BIG green light = executed contract on our home in Texas that had been on the market 11 months and a very generous undeserved financial gift to begin our adoption process!! AND both came within 20 minutes of each other! His timing is always perfect.
- April 29th - Our house closed and we pray for direction on countries, agencies, etc...
- June 7th - God turned our eyes to the great need for minority infant adoptions here in the U.S.
- June 9th - We come across Christian Adoption Consultants and feel like the Lord is saying "This is the way, walk in it."
- July 6th - Announce to our youth group that we are officially adopting and we start out 1st fundraiser - selling tshirts.
- August 3rd - Apply to Christian Adoption Consultants and begin our official journey to Grace
- August 11th - Begin our homestudy paperwork - we are "paper pregnant"
10 months ago